about a boy

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SCHOOL!


While I think it is not going to be an easy road  in the beginning, Elio's first few (short) days have been great. Kate and I really like this place. They are committed to healthy foods, 'conflict resolution' which means they discuss the problem they have as opposed to yelling at the kids. There is a nice bright room and a playground out the backdoor. "airplane". I did not know what he was talking about when he said this to me, but then I saw they have a rocking toy in the playground in the shape of an airplane. He said " this is my class" when we walked in today. he is getting to know his classmates. and his teachers, Miss Stephanie, Miss Michele, and Miss Linda. We talk about it as if it is his work. And he gets to play at work and read and eat and nap  and sing and go to the water fountain in the hall... So, so far, fun. This pic is us leaving on the first day.


No comments: