about a boy

Monday, October 15, 2007

My Guys...

...are out in New Jersey tonight. We had a particularly hideous night last night, with Elio wide awake for no apparent reason from 11 until 3 a.m. It was not pretty. So it's a bit of a relief to have the apartment to myself tonight, to know I can go to sleep at 8 and sleep all night with no interruptions. But still, I miss them.

Yesterday, Guy called me at work. He had just gotten Elio down for a nap, and while Elio was settling himself to sleep, he started pointing to himself and babbling. Then he pointed at Guy and said, "Da Da."

I got another call from Guy just a little while ago, with another Elio story. After they woke up from their nap, they were both brushing their teeth (Elio loves brushing his teeth), and for the first time he tried to spit in the sink after he was done brushing. These are the kinds of stories that probably sound like nothing special to other people, but watching your kid's brain click and make a real connection like that for the first time is truly incredible.

1 comment:

hippiepotomus said...

Boy can I relate to the sleeping issues. It is particularly frustrating after months of good sleeping. If you figure this one out, please advise!

I love this photograph by the way.