about a boy

Sunday, November 19, 2006

GOING BACK

We had to do it. Take Elio Klee to the MOMA to see his name sake artist Paul Klee. And we also took him to Republic, the last restaurant we ate at before Elio was born. We sat there on a perfect evening, May 24, 2006. Happy we had finished our last classes on how to have a baby, Ha! Thinking we had at least two more weeks of hanging out, just the two of us. It was a great meal, a walk home, then we baked cookies and somwhere around 10 PM, water. Denial set in. We were not ready, we cried, we were really sad that this was the last time it would be the two of us. The unknown is always scary.

We just did not know we would have Elio, this little boy. I know I sound like every other love struck parent, and I have become one of those annoying people who tell others, complete strangers, that they should have a baby. But I also say, to temper my obvious irritating monolouge, that they should have one if they want to. I have slowed down on this behavior, not because I have any regrets, but because, really, it is annoying to here someone gush so much. Which means that if you do find it annoying you may find this blog particularly ridiculous. There are some moments of interesting self-reflection and questioning, but really it is just a completely self-indulgent document. And a fun way to share photos.


No comments: