about a boy

Thursday, September 07, 2006

sleep





I started staying home with E. in late August. A hard transition for all of us. It is smoothing out now. I have let go of expectations of getting things done and I am enjoying this time. This is such a momentary time, this age, this experience of being this close with Elio.

His eyes are open open and bright, his smiles melt us like butter on a hot day (we were just in North Carolina, he flew well, btw).

I just held him while he fell asleep for his morning nap. It is one of those perfect moments in life like when I am walking along and see something I don't usually see. May be it is the pattern of shadows or the the weird light on a building that is in strange shapes from the reflection of windows, and I notice it, just for a few seconds even.

It is the change in his weight, relaxing into me and then sleep.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

He is so precious. I like the picture of the back of his head while he is sleeping, with the cute little baby hair and ear.