
Elio and I went to Coney Island a couple of Saturdays ago with John and Nancy and the twins (after getting roast beef sandwiches in Bensonhurst). When John and Nancy invited us, I thought, "Oh, Coney Island. Boardwalk. Hot dogs. Girls wearing tank tops that show off their belly buttons." What I did not think was, "Beach. Water. Sand."

I think I'm a pretty with-it mom most of the time. I always have diapers, Cheerios, an apple, sunscreen.

But did I think to bring a bucket and a shovel? Nooo. Happily, John and Nancy are old pros at this parenting thing and had brought an extra.

We've been a little worried because it seems like Elio has been turning into a real urban baby. He'll stand on the grass and walk on it, but he does not want to touch it with his hands. Ewww, gross! So I wasn't sure how he would respond to the sand.

Silly me. He loved it.

Loved it!

And he thought nothing of setting out on his own and exploring.

He crawled right into the waves, laughing.

What a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment